The PEI Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) Referral Program is an initiative to engage Islanders to identify RNs with at least 24 months of experience who may be interested in relocating to Prince Edward Island. Please complete the form below to provide us with information about your area(s) of interest.
What type of referrals are eligible for the Prince Edward Island (PEI) Experienced Registered Nurse Referral Program?
For the purposes of this program, referrals are only accepted for Experienced Registered Nurses who:
- are not current residents of Prince Edward Island;
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- have at least 24 months of experience working as a Registered Nurse;
- are not employees of Health PEI nor the Province of Prince Edward Island, at the time of application;
- have not had communication with the Government of Prince Edward Island or Health PEI in the last 12 months; and
- are eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
For inquiries regarding other health professionals, please email email@example.com.
What is the definition of “experienced” for the purposes of this program?
Experienced is defined as having at least 24 months of experience working as a Registered Nurse in Canada.
Which RN positions are eligible for the referral incentive?
The referral incentive will be paid if the RN whom you refer is hired by Health PEI in a permanent role that is 50% full time equivalent or greater. Health PEI has RN opportunities throughout PEI which change on a regular basis. The Department of Health and Wellness is happy to work with the RN directly to find an opportunity that suits their interests and timelines when operationally possible.
What if the RN is already known to the PEI Recruitment and Retention team?
If the RN whom you have referred has already been in communication with the Government of PEI or Health PEI pertaining to employment opportunities within the last twelve (12) months from the date of your submission, then you would not be eligible to receive a financial incentive through this program.
How long will the referral remain active?
We will keep a record of the referral for six months. If the RN is not hired within six months, the referral information will no longer be kept on file.
Incentives for Experienced Registered Nurses
- Successful external RN applicants for designated positions are eligible to receive a $5,000 financial incentive through the Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program.
- Up to $10,000 in Relocation Assistance may also be available at the discretion of the hiring manager.